An overview of some of the innovations
Google is hiding their own algorithm and never reveals it, well at least not in full. On the Internet there are some speculation on what Google will pay attention:
- The speed of the website – will increase the importance of the loading of the Web page, if the page will load faster, the better.
- The value of domain names -the value of the domain as a whole, and how many links does your site have or its “pagerank”.
- Mixed results – the results will also include social networks
- A greater focus on the content of the Web page – new algorithm will devote more attention to the contents themselves. Links pointing to your website will still be important, but more attention will be paid to Google’s “good content” and SPAM detection techniques.
- The age of the domain – if you have a new domain you will have bigger problems right now. Caffeine will now give greater effect to the age of the domains-how long is a domain already registered.
- The accuracy of domain names – more weight will get the domain that have the search string already in the domain. For example: www.dancingsolo.com would be so likely to be ranking higher on the search for dancing, as the non related domain.
- The major index – the Google supplemental index is increased due to a larger search phrases. The trend is not true everywhere, but in General, the index should be greater.
- Less SPEM page – with greater emphasis on the content of the page will be relegated to the lower side of the SPEM in search results (hopefully).
- Faster results – Google is generally reduced search time for a third.
Before you rush off to fix your Web site keep in mind that each “update” brings a test period where you eliminate all the errors and anomalies that have been overlooked in the beta stage.
So, if you’ve done everything right and your site still dropped on ranking, it will soon show up again. But that does not mean that you do not need to improve SEO. Below we look at a few basic steps to Caffeine “update”. The first thing you need to do is to make your site faster.
- Increased use of CSS – through greater use of CSS you reduce the size of the HTML page. Be sure to use external CSS files.
- Optimization of the images – try to optimize all your images to be kept to a minimum. For smaller images using the GIF standard for more detailed images JPG standard. Maybe we can also use PNG.
- Use Gzip compression – compression of your content, you can reduce your page load time up to 70%. This will improve the responsiveness of your site.
- Use the faster server – if you are currently using the server with other users, you can consider upgrading.
Caffeine “update” means that Google gives all the good content higher priority, so keep an eye on:
- make sure that your keywords are actually on the page
- use a good internal linking pages on keyword, but don’t overdo it.
- navigation should be in the form of text and not images
- If you use META tags, pay attention to match with the content, they are unique and not spam.
- use sitemap.xml, which will allow Google to make it easier to search for
“Off-site” search engine optimization
When you create links to your site you should be aware of the quality of the links. It will help Google to figure out in which category you belong. What matters is the quality and not quantity.