The purpose of Web site optimization (SEO) is to increase visits and higher position of your website in search engines results (like Google). Results that are on first page get about 80% of all clicks, on the other hand, results on second page get almost 20%. This is why the optimization of Web pages for search engines is crucial. Position in the search engines determine the two criteria the first criterion is what we say about ourselves and second what others say about us.
Optimization of the website in a nutshell SEO and SEM is a pretty broad subject. Due to the constant changing of the search engines algorithms there is no accurate formula for success. Factors that affect the position of the websites on the search engines are changing every day.
Optimization of a Web page is divided into roughly two parts, namely the “on site” and “off-site” optimization. Optimization of the “on site” or on the Web page is the technical and content optimization. In the “off-site” or outside os our page, shall be regarded as references on other sites and social networks.
The technical part of the optimization for search engines is conditioned with the appropriate programming, taking into account all the focus and the use of appropriate designations for certain elements, such as images, text, titles, video, … The substantive part of online optimization refers to the preparation of the content itself. The content must be properly selected, structured and written in a proper form. A one
-page Web site is normally optimized for 2 to 3 keywords.
The following guidelines will help you in the preparation of the basic optimization of the website.
Keywords of a Web page
- Search and determination of keywords is an art
- Use popular keywords, which are also used by your users or buyers
- Recommended concentration is 3-5 keywords
- An analysis of the competition, if possible
The contents of the website
- High-quality, relative and up-to-date content
- Optimal 300 to 500 words
- Marketing formatted text
- When writing text, keep in mind the user or reader
- 3-5% occurrence of keywords
- Various forms of design
- Mark important information
- Use of headings, subheadings, lists, frames, different typefaces
Optimization of the images and links
- Name of the file
- A description of the images (ALT)
- Title (TITLE)
- Link title (TITLE)
- The Attribute “Nofollow”
Example: < img src = “Better-Search-Engine-Optimization.jpg” alt = “for seo tips Lepsoft” title = “Seo Tips – Blogfor Lepsoft.”/>
The address of the Web page (Title)
- The title is very important in Web site optimization
- A unique title on every page
- Descriptive titles
- Try to include keywords
Example: search engine optimization – Pomagalnik for digital media
- Unique content on each page
- Description: 2-3 short sentences, up to 160 characters
- Keywords: up to 250 characters (use the words that you have chosen at the beginning)
- The various forms and synonyms for the keywords